NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING
Through this Policy, Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (AIRI, the ‘Company’) regards personal information of the users as important and abide by the related laws such as The Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Data Protection (‘Network Act’).
Click on ‘Network Act’ (http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=167388&efYd=20150421#0000)
Click on ‘Personal Information Protection Act’ (http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=173223&efYd=20150724#0000)
AIRI informs users of the purpose and method of Company’s using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by Company for the protection of such personal information.
This Policy will be effective from July 20, 2020 and, in the case of modification thereof, AIRI will make public notice of it through posting it on the Company’s website or individual notice.
1. Information to be collected and the method of collection
The company may collect the information directly provided by the users.
Personal information items to be collected by the Company are as follows:
1.1. Making an inquiry
Required information: Surname, name, e-mail
Optional information: the company name, job title , contact number
1.1.1. The rights to refuse consent and disadvantages of refusal of consent
You have the right to refuse consent to the collection of the required information.
In addition to the required information, you have the right to refuse consent to the collection of the optional information.
If you do not agree, the inquiry service may be restricted.
1.2. Use of the website
The information of the cookies below, may be automatically created and collected when using the website service.
- Users’ activity log
- The information based on Users’ IP address
- The right to refuse consent and disadvantages of refuse of consent
Users have the right to refuse the collection of the information.
However, if you refuse consent, you may be restricted from the services responding to the inquiry.
※ The information above includes information that has been changed due to the modification of the information as well as the information initially collected.
1.3. Method of collection
The Company collects personal information in several ways as follows
- Making an inquiry, downloading the resource data ( report, White Paper, briefs, videos etc),
- When users visit the Company’s website and use the service of it.
2. The purpose of collection and use of personal information
The Company uses the personal information collected for the purposes such as
- to provide answers and respond to users’ inquiries
- to provide resources data
- to check the statistics related to users’ usage of the website and the frequence of access
3. Retention and use period of personal information
The user’s personal information is disposed without delay when the purpose of collection and use of it is achieved.
If it is necessary to preserve the users’ information according to the provisions of the relevant statutes, the Company shall keep the users’ information for a certain period of time as prescribed by the relevant statutes as follows.
In this case, the Company uses the information only for the purpose of storage.
- Records on consumer complaints or dispute handling: 3 years (E-Commerce Act)
- Records on website visit history : 3 months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
- Records on identity verification : 6 months (Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection)
4. Providing and handling personal information
In principle, the company does not provide users' personal information externally. However, data can be shared in order to provide the Company’s smooth service and comply with the relevant statutes as shown below.
- When the user agrees in advance
- Where there is a request from the investigative agency in accordance with the provisions of the statute or in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed in the statute for investigation purposes;
- When processing and providing specific individuals in an unidentifiable form for statistics writings, academic research, or market research.
- When responding to Customer CS
5. The procedure of disposal of personal information and method of disposal
The Company disposes of the personal information without delay when it becomes unnecessary, when the retention period of personal information expire and the purpose of the processing is met.
The information entered by the user for inquiry of use is transferred to a separate database (in case of paper, separate filing cabinet) after the purpose is achieved and destroyed after being stored for a certain period (see retention and use period) in accordance with the Company’s internal policy and other related statutes. Personal information transferred to a separate database is not used for any purpose other than to be retained except by law.
Personal information stored in electronic file format is deleted using a technical method that cannot be reproduced, and personal information printed on paper is disposed with a shredder.
6. Matters concerning the installation and operation of automatic collection devices of personal information and concerning the objection to it
The Company installs and operates the automatic collection device of personal information through ‘Cookie’, which consistently finds and stores users’ information. Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the users’ computer.
The Company collects and uses the information of cookie for the purposes as follows.
- Connect the users with certain application or server of the services
- Web analysis: Provide statistical data on the ways of using website
- Management of error: Measure an error which may occur so as to give a help for improving website
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved.
6.1. How to disable cookies settings
Example: By choosing the option in your web browser, you can accept all cookies or go through confirmation each time you save cookies, or refuse to save all cookies.
6.1.1. Example of setting method (in case of Internet Explorer)
- Tool menu at the top of the web browser > Internet options > Personal information
However, if the user refuses to install the cookie, it may be difficult to provide the service.
7. Technical and administrative measures for personal information protection
The company is committed to technical and administrative efforts to protect personal information.
The Company takes necessary security measures to prevent members' personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses, and strives to have all possible technical measures to implement better security measures.
The Company limits the number of employees who handles personal information to a minimum, and conducts training on the employees concerned from time to time to check the implementation and compliance of this Policy.
8. Service to complaints related to personal information
The Company has a person in charge of managing personal information in order to protect customers' personal information and handle complaints related to personal information. If you have any questions regarding personal information, please contact the person in charge of personal information management below. We will respond quickly and sincerely to your inquiry.
8.1. The person in charge of managing personal information
Name: LEE YEO JIN
Name of the company: Artificial intelligence Research Institute
E-mail address: email@example.com
If you need to report or consult about any other personal information infringement, please contact the following agency.
- 개인정보 분쟁조정위원회 (http://www.kopico.go.kr)
- 개인정보침해신고센터 (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr)
- 경찰청 사이버안전국 (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr)